Blocked drains are a common problem in commercial and residential properties across Canberra and the surrounding area. Unfortunately, without professional treatment, they can be almost impossible to fix. Often it's not just a case of removing the blockage, the underlying problem which is causing the issue also has to be addressed.
Without a complete solution, the problem is likely to reoccur, causing considerable frustration as well as potentially creating a health hazard. As an established plumbing company, we offer a fast, affordable answer to all blocked drain issues in the Sydney area.
Symptoms of a blocked drain
Symptoms vary, depending on the location, size and circumstances of the problem. Typical symptoms include:
- Backflow in toilets, sinks or baths
- Slow draining sinks or basins
- An unpleasant, lingering odour with no obvious cause
Blockages may be immediate (for example if a child flushes a toy down the toilet) or build up gradually over time. Although in some cases using a plunger or proprietary drain cleaner may temporarily fix the problem, ultimately, professional assistance is required.
Causes of blocked drains Canberra residents encounter
Although there are many causes of blocked drains, some of the most common include:
- Inappropriate objects being flushed down the toilet
- A build-up of grease, hair or food waste
- A tree root or plant roots growing into the pipe, causing an obstruction
- A pipe fracture and/or displacement
Often it can be difficult to work out what's causing the problem without using the professional equipment we have on hand. We use advanced CCTV equipment to identify what's happening without the need to dig down to the pipe or otherwise disturb it.
Plenty of advantages when you turn to Aurorafm Plumbing
When you use us to sort out blocked drains, Canberra home and business owners can expect to receive:
- Prompt, courteous and responsive service
- The use of cutting-edge CCTV equipment to identify the cause and location of the problem
- High-pressure jetting to remove the blockage
- Repair or remedial work to prevent the problem arising again, if necessary
We will always quote for work before carrying it out, ensuring that you're clear on how much it will cost. Our aim is always to provide a complete solution in a single visit, minimising inconvenience. All our work can be achieved without digging down to your pipework, leaving your garden and property intact. Get in touch to find out more about our premium drain clearing services in Canberra.